Friday, November 29, 2013

Batman Quilt Progress Report

The Batman Quilt

The inspiration for this quilt spawned from The Rustic Knight being adamant about keeping all clothing batman related, and me trying to figure out what to do with them that didn't include keeping them in a box, until Kit had children of his own. We bought Kit his new bunk bed a couple of months ago and decided he needed a new blanket to fit the new twin beds...
Lo and behold, a Batman quilt!

Keep in mind, I have absolutely no idea how to make a quilt.
 I am just sewing on a prayer, trusting that this will all work out...
Because I know it will be beautiful. And I know Kit will love this :)

Here are the materials used: 
Batman t-shirts, pajamas, and costumes...
Some clothing I had that I never wear, but
are the appropriate colors
We bought fleece material for the base of the blanket and batman material for the squares;
I have enough to make pillow covers. I bought a total of 5 yards for $35! 

After laying out all of my material, I took inventory of what I had in Batman decals and the other colors. 
Then, I did a mock layout of the pattern to be the quilt. 
I spent about a half hour deciding the placement of the squares.
Click on image to see full size :)
I am moving so quickly on this project, 
that I believe I will have this complete within the next couple of weeks! 
Of course, it's not like I have much more time than that anyhow :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Paisley--
    my where did the time go? It seems like such a long time since I've been here.
    I think I read this post about the blanket and I thought I left a comment. Maybe not.
    anyway-- this is such a cute quilt...I hope you show us the finished project.
    Been busy with some of my own projects-- and have missed our little chats.
    Anyway-- I saw the nasty business on the side bar. I'm sorry that happened to you. I had problems last year with my blog being stolen. It is a little bit unnerving... I hope you get it all sorted out.
    Also I have some reading to catch up on I see with the book...
    blessings, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to hear from you! I just posted the final product of the quilt. It was a wonderful experience, and now the Rustic Knight wants a homemade quilt for our bed...that is going to be more labor intensive :)

    As far as the side bar, thanks. I am working some things out, not sure what to do, if anything, about it. We'll see, though. I do remember reading about your content being stolen. I am glad you got that resolved.

    I need to get over there and check out what you have going on. You always seem to be working on fun projects, and they are so inspiring :)

    In Christ, Paisley

    ReplyDelete