Tuesday, November 19, 2013

God Gave Me Tape

Interesting title, but it is truth verbatim. 

The house we are renting has mostly single pane windows, the storm windows missing. We have to put up plastic and tape to seal out the harsh western winds during this season. You should see the plastic when such weather transpires: our curtains bubble out, the plastic filling with cold air...it is quite an eye opener!

About a week or so ago, I had done the dining room windows. Prior to that, The Rustic Knight and I completed the upstairs. Yesterday, I did the living room, leaving only the kitchen. I ran out of tape upon completion of the dining room. I literally had enough to do those two windows. Praise God!

Yesterday, I was caulking around the molding surrounding two newer windows in the living room. We have four windows: two new facing front, two old facing back. The two newer windows were not insulated properly, therefore you can see through to the outside of the molding. Hence the caulking. In the middle of sealing these cracks, I thought to myself, "It would be totally awesome if God just miraculously placed a role of tape in our junk drawer."

Now, we were going to buy tape, but when we went to the store, we weren't prepared to spend what the stores were asking for. This was not because we didn't have the money for it, we just didn't want/couldn't bring ourselves to spend our money on the tape. It seems odd in hindsight, yet I also understand why we didn't buy it, because...

How would this have happened:



Somehow -- though I know it was God -- I was completely filled with joy. It started with prayer Sunday night. I needed help being motivated. God answered. I got a lot done yesterday, me being aware of His presence as I worked, throwing up praise and gratitude to our Heavenly Father along the way. So, there I was, filled with joy and peace and motivation. I wanted to finish all of the windows in the living room -- that day. And I knew I needed tape, tape that I did not have. Thus, the prayer in my heart.

To be honest, it was more of a vision. I visualized the tape in my drawer before I laughed to myself and thought how awesome it would be if it ended up there, knowing it could happen. Once finished with the caulk, I commenced looking in the drawer. Lo and behold, tape!

In the moment I pictured that tape in my mind, which I truly believe God placed that image there, I instantly believed it would be there. And why not? If I was meant to continue in my motivation, and I was to complete the living room windows, God would provide the tape for me. I know from previous experience, God gives me what I need when I need it. All that is required of me is to believe.

Matthew 21:18-22
Jesus Says the Disciples Can Pray for Anything
18 Early in the morning, as he was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. 19 Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered. 
20 When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. "How did the fig tree wither so quickly?" they asked.
21 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, no only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'go, throw yourself into the sea, and it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

Belief is faith in the truth or existence of something not instantly capable of being tried. 
Belief is confidence, trust, conviction of something not seen. 
Belief is knowing without needing proof. 

I trusted in the ability of God to provide the tape in that moment. I had faith in His plan to allow me to complete a task. This means, I had not even an ounce of doubt in my heart. The idea that there wouldn't be tape in my drawer never crossed my mind. I had confidence that I would be blessed by a miracle, this miracle of tape, seemingly insignificant...But what a wonderful moment for a miracle! Miracles are everywhere in our lives. We need to choose to see them. We need to believe in the will of God to provide for us, to care for us, to want what is best for us! He loves us! We need want for nothing...God will give us all we need.

We just have to BELIEVE!!!! 

Keep in mind, this is not an endorsement to ask for anything and expect to receive it. What we ask for to receive in prayer must be for the good of God's plan and will. The closer we become to God, the more our hearts will align with God's, lending our prayers to marry with God's ultimate plan. He will not give us something that will hurt us, and He will not give us something that goes against His Divine Design. Ask yourself what it is you are asking for. Is it in your best interest to be granted what you are asking? Is the prayer in your heart a prayer of God's will? What are your intentions?

Mark 11:20-25
Jesus Says the Disciples Can Pray for Anything 
20 In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. 21 Peter remembered and said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!"
22 'Have faith in God," Jesus said. 23 "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go,throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24 Therefor I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." 

Let's take this a step further: Focus your faith in God. When we put our focus on God, having faith in HIS ability and HIS will, prayers can be answered. If we put our focus and faith on the object we are praying for, we will be left with disappointment. It's not the object or the outcome meant for our attention, it is the way of receiving the desired outcome that matters:
God is THE way...the ONLY way. 
The more we focus on God, the more we become one with Him, the more our hearts will be filled with His purpose for us. Which, can only happen when we have a clean heart, harboring no grudges or judgement for anyone within our heart. We must forgive others in order to be forgiven. We must be forgiven in order for God to move in us, to work in us, to answer our prayers. We must forsake any ill feelings we have towards our brothers and sisters in Christ to be successful in focusing our attention on God.

Dear Lord, 
Help focus our minds and hearts on You alone. 
Guide our thoughts and feelings, making them one with Yours. 
Show us how to pray, so we may see the fulfilled promise before the prayer has completely left our lips. 
Reveal your Divine Design to us, so we may better understand Your ways. 
In Jesus Christ's name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment