Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Spiritual Cocoon

I am very aware that I have been MIA the past couple of months. The simple reason for this is God has put me in a spiritual cocoon.

What does that mean? Good question.

I have been drawn far inside my heart to the secret place where God and I meet. He is doing some amazing work on my inner self -- Sins I am committing are brought to the very forefront of my being.

The main sin I am to conquer: Frustration.

I have allowed the emotion of Frustration rule many of my decisions. I didn't realize how often I allowed this feeling to coat my heart. I got to the point of embracing this Frustration. I am now at a point where I recognize Frustration in the moment it presents itself, leaving me to ask myself: Why? To what end is this feeling appropriate? What is the purpose of my inviting this Frustration into the house that is my heart?

The other sin I am being led to recognize: Guilt.

I have denied myself joy due to allowing Guilt to dictate my life. I have chosen over and over to let Guilt prevent present day experiences, resulting in personal punishment for choices I made in the past. You know what else? The decisions I have made based on Guilt have transferred this punishment to my family.

I am currently in the 'thick-of-things' with God. I am in awe of the investment He is putting in me, in our relationship. There is more to the restructuring of my spiritual self that I am unable to divulge, at this time. But, when the time is right I will be in a place to share my journey in reference to this spiritual cocoon, once on the other side.

So, for now, I continue to wait on God. I give Him permission to change my heart, my mind, and my spirit to align myself with His Heart and Mind and Spirit, bringing me closer to my God given identity.

Romans 12:1-2
1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God -- this is our true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing and perfect will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment