Thursday, February 6, 2014

I Miss the Color Green!












I also miss seeing a landscape without any snow :)
We have accumulated a foot of snow.
It is white.
And bright.
But not green.
Or warm.
In an effort to remind myself what it is like to not have snow, I have found myself participating in vicarious transportation.
By submersing myself in pictures of the past.
I am pulling up memories of being outside in shorts and tank tops, reveling in the warm sun caressing my being and salty air enveloping my senses.
Not stuck inside with cabin fever because it is too cold to do anything.
Oh, Spring, where art thou?
However, I will say, Winter certainly helps me to appreciate Spring!

Joel 2:21-23
21 Do not be afraid, land of Judah; be glad and rejoice. 
    Surely the Lord has done great things!
22 Do not be afraid, you wild animals, 
    for the pastures in the wilderness are becoming green. 
    The trees are bearing their fruit; 
    the fig tree and the vine yield their riches.
23 Be glad, people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, 
    for he has given you the autumn rains because he is faithful. 
    He sends you abundant showers, 
    both autumn and spring rains, as before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment