Saturday, July 20, 2013

Are you kidding me?!

Hello everyone.
It’s been a while since you've last heard from me,
and for that I apologize.
Once again, I am tested and tried.
Losing a cousin to cancer, and finding out someone else has this wretched disease, has certainly taken its toll on me.
Today, I’m not here to preach, but to raise awareness to how quickly and blindly this disease can change our lives forever;
that we, as a people, need to explore everything we can to make this go away.
I recently went to the doctor about a pain in my shoulder,
due to a dislocated collar bone, from an accident a while back and my doctor prescribed me a very addictive drug called Vicodin.
I also asked if there was something I could do about my smoking.
Because of recent events, I've decided enough was enough.
My doctor prescribed me a medication called Chantix.
Great, right?
Wrong!
I went to my local pharmacy to get my prescription for Chantix.
I decided I did not want the Vicodin,because of all the horror stories I've heard about those kinds of drugs.
So, I went to pick up my Chantix and found out that my insurance would not cover the prescription...Huh?
So, I tried something: I put in my prescription at the pharmacy for the Vicodin and my insurance company covered all of it.
Are you kidding me?!
Let me get this straight:
our awesome government will gladly assist us in getting hooked on a narcotic that could, and has, destroyed millions of lives, but they won’t assist us in getting off something that kills.
I’m confused.
Why do I have this corporate government controlled insurance company, when it won’t even help me in the areas I need it most?
I can deal with the pain.
I can’t deal with cancer.
I pray for our government and our insurance companies to open their eyes and see what they are allowing to take place.
What are your thoughts?
How can all of you help?
Can we make a change?
I have faith that we can.
And I pray that we do.

God bless all of you,
THE RUSTIC  KNIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment