Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cupcakes

This lovely cupcake is topped with a Whipped Cream Mascarpone Frosting :) 
It stands up wonderfully! But here...
We care about the cupcake!
This came about as an accident. 
I made Cinnamon Sugar Butter for cinnamon sugar toast, I had to use it before it went bad -- remember, I tend to make more than needed! Creating the butter makes it much easier and cleaner to put on the toast, than doing each step separately. Now, I believe in making the cinnamon sugar to taste, or look. I know what color the mixture needs to be for my personal preferences. 

Here is the recipe (makes 9 cupcakes): 



Preheat toaster oven (I used toaster oven #2) to 300 degrees. 

1 cup of flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Cinnamon Sugar Butter -
Mix cinnamon sugar in with butter until you get the consistency that works with your taste buds :)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 beaten egg - 
use a fork
1/2 cup of milk

I used one bowl, dumping all of the ingredients in at once, then mixed it all together.

Spray muffin pan with a butter or oil spray. Pour batter into cupcake pan, filling about two thirds of the way up.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. 

Let cool for 15 mins. Cupcakes should slide right out. All that's left to do is frost!

The recipe for the frosting is found here!

The frosting is awesome, but it was hard to spread on each little cupcake. To make it easier, I plated all of the cupcakes, then frosted them as if they were one cake! :)

When you pull a cupcake out, the frosting separates itself wonderfully, keeping the rest of the frosting in place!



No comments:

Post a Comment