Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Stacked Grilled Cheese

I was in the mood for a grilled cheese the other day, inspired by Ivy's sandwich in Chapter 12 of The Secrets Held Within. So, upon staking out my fridge, looking for what spoke to my tummy, I opted for tomatoes and mushrooms.

Taking two pieces of bread, I layered the cheese and veggies: Mozzarella, Tomatoes, Provolone, Mushrooms and Tomatoes, Mozzarella, Mushrooms, Provolone. Then, after placing the sky high sandwich within the toaster over, I set the temperature to 250 degrees.

And watched...

Once the bottom was browned, I flipped it over.

And watched some more...

Once I saw the cheese start to ooze, I was mesmerized.... All of that gooey cheese was going to taste so good. The thought of it made my mouth salivate. I don't know how much time passed, but all of a sudden, I had to hurry, lest the cheese separate from my sandwich and fall to the floor of the toaster oven! I rushed to plate it, opening the door and sliding it on a plate, before said disaster could take place.

Look how pretty it is!!! And it tasted just as wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment