Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Clicking Tangents

How many times have you gone to the source of the internet with the intent of gaining information for a specific situation, only to find yourself an hour later somewhere else, wondering: How did I get here?

This happens to me frequently, and tonight is no exception. I found myself reading this wonderful article expressing one view of blogging. I became utterly immersed. I relate.

Now, I didn't get there intentionally. I clicked myself there. It all started with looking up images of antique bookshelf ladders.
All I did was click on the picture above, and I was taken here. Curious, I poked around the site. I clicked on a beautiful kitchen sink. Then, my mouse, of it's own accord, clicked on an amazing rolling bench that I want to build with The Rustic Knight. After that, I found myself enjoying a lovely book mark. 

I became more than intrigued with the images posted, so I scrolled and found my eye catch a picture bringing old and new together, leading me to the wonderful article about what it means to blog.

Sometimes we need to just let ourselves be led to a place we might not take ourselves. Meandering through the wilderness of the internet can sometimes be incredibly frustrating. But other times we can learn something about ourselves when we come across things that speak to our hearts. I came to my computer this evening with a purpose. I found myself traveling down a path of whimsy that inspires me.

No comments:

Post a Comment