Thursday, June 27, 2013

Whipped Cream Mascarpone Frosting

I love homemade frosting, especially whipped cream frosting. 
But I found many of the recipe's too sweet, and lessened the sugar to cream ratio. 
I also wanted a denser, more substantial frosting. 
Somehow -- ;) -- Mascarpone Cheese entered my mind as a solution. 
I had no idea what this cheese tasted like, 
but I've seen in added to sweets and savories, 
making it a versatile ingredient. 
When I purchased it, I tasted it before adding sugar. 
In my opinion, on it's own Mascarpone is very bland. 
Once I added sugar, it's flavor came out, 
and I realized this cheese takes on whatever seasoning is mixed with it. 
So, here we are!

This recipe is done in three parts:

  1. 1 c. of whipping cream, mixed with 1/4 cup of sugar -- whip the two ingredients until you have stiff peaks
  2. 1/2 c. of Mascarpone Cheese, mixed with 1/4 cup of sugar -- mix until well combined
  3. Fold Mascarpone Cheese into Whipped Cream -- does not need to be completely incorporated, just evenly distributed.

This frosting is light, yet abundant!
It does not take away from any baked good it sits upon,
if anything, this frosting enhances the food it is coupled with!
The Whipped Cream Mascarpone Frosting is the perfect frosting for my 
It is also wonderful with the Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cake :) 

Side note: I have made this recipe using Confectioners Sugar and Granulated Sugar. There is a slight difference between the two: The confectioners is a bit sweeter, the granulated is a bit grainier. Both are delicious, making this choice about preference, or what you have on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment